Beans and Rice
The 2nd annual Alternative Spring Break (ASB) trip will take place March 11-18, 2017 with Beans and Rice in Virginia.
Beans and Rice, Inc. improves the economic well-being of low-to-moderate income families through hunger relief, after-school programs that improve educational opportunity for at-risk children, job creation for low-to-moderate income families, and savings programs that help families buy their first home and children save for education.
For more information on Beans and Rice check out these resources:
Basics for the 2017 trip:
- Application deadline: October 17, 4:30 p.m.
- Applicants will be selected by November 1
- Financial commitment: Up to $200
- This is the maximum cost per person if no money is raised through fundraising
- Applicants must:
- Turn in a completed application and deposit by the deadline
- Have a minimum 2.5 high school or college GPA
- Enroll in at least 6 credits for the spring semester
- Have health insurance
Applications can be downloaded from our website or you can pick up a hard copy in Student Life, STC 126. Downloaded applications are fillable PDFs and can be emailed to Meg Junk at email@example.com or handed into Student Life. All applications must be received by October 17 at 4:30 p.m.
Questions? Contact Meg Junk in Student Life, STC 126 at firstname.lastname@example.org or (630) 466-6608.