Career Fair Tips
Making the Most of the Fair
- Research the employers who will be attending. Learn about their products, services and employment needs. Have some questions prepared to ask employers about the position, the training, the company, etc.
- Bring plenty of resumes.
- Be prepared to talk to employers about who you are, what you are looking for, and what skills and experiences you have to offer them.
- Dress professionally. Treat this event as a formal interviewing opportunity.
- SMILE! Show your enthusiasm with a firm handshake and good eye contact.
- Network with other attendees. Get acquainted with other job seekers.
- Plan to attend any workshops provided before and during the fair.
- Do NOT bring children. Employers may doubt your ability to make adequate child care arrangements when you are employed.
- Write a follow-up letter to each recruiter who had positions in which you are qualified for and interested in. Remind them that you met at the Job Fair and reiterate your qualifications and interest in the position you discussed.