Scholarships are available to new and returning Waubonsee students from many sources, including the generous donors who support the Waubonsee Community College Foundation.
Waubonsee Foundation Scholarships
Each year, the Waubonsee Foundation offers more than 150 scholarships to new and returning students. View a list of available scholarships and learn more about the new online application process.
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Scholarships
Funded by a grant from the National Science Foundation, these scholarships cover two years worth of tuition, fees, books and living expenses for students majoring in certain STEM disciplines.
Dunham Fund Nursing Scholarship (pdf)
A two-year Dunham Nursing Scholarship covers up to 90 percent of your educational costs at Waubonsee. Deadline for the 2012-13 academic year has passed. For information about 2013-14 scholarships, contact the Dean for Health and Life Sciences.
These scholarships are awarded to students studying in certain career and technical education areas at Waubonsee. Deadline for the 2013-14 academic year is May 24, 2013. Download the Program Scholarship Application now.
Scholarships for Workforce Development Courses
Waubonsee has two scholarship programs for students interested in taking noncredit courses for career advancement or retraining. Learn more about our Brighter Futures and Workforce Solutions scholarship programs.
- American Public Works Association (APWA)
- Community Foundation of the Fox River Valley
- Dekalb County Community Services Department
- D-M-E Plastics University Scholarships
- Gateways to Opportunity
- Hispanocare, Inc.
- Illinois Community College Faculty Association
- Illinois Retired Teachers Association
- Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC)
- Kane County Farm Bureau Foundation
- Kendall County Farm Bureau Foundation
Contact: (630) 553-7403
- Kendall County Republican Women
- Susan Kiley Memorial Scholarship
- MassMutual Scholars
- The National Bank & Trust Co of Sycamore (NB&T)
- On Your Feet Foundation
- QCAA Chamber of Commerce
Contact: Luanda Dockery (630) 859-9776
- Kendall County Association for Home and Community Education (630) 553-5823
- Polish Women's Civic Club, Inc.
- Pottawatomie Garden Club of St. Charles, IL
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
- Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Soroptimist International of Suburban Chicago
- St. Charles Mother's Club
- Ups for DownS
- Aurora Puerto Rican Cultural Council - The Doroteo Arroyo & Juan Ruberte Scholarship
Dickson Center, 2nd Floor
(630) 466-7900, ext. 2983