Checkup VisitThe AQIP Accreditation Cycle includes a Quality Checkup Visit in the year before Reaffirmation of Accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission. The HLC's goals for these visits are to:
- Verify the accuracy of the Systems Portfolio
- Review the Action Projects and strategies identified to capitalize on the strengths and opportunities for improvement
- Assure continuing organizational quality improvement commitment
- Confirm the institution's compliance with accreditation expectations
- Review and update the relationship between the college and the Higher Learning Commission
In February 2009 a team of two AQIP Peer Reviewers visited Waubonsee, engaging in a series of conversations with students, staff, faculty, trustees and community members. The visit allowed the college to demonstrate and celebrate its successes, sharing our quality stories and reaffirming our commitment to quality. The reviewers prepared an AQIP Checkup Visit Report that identifies and validates the college's strong commitment to systematic quality improvement.